Tuesday, November 20, 2007

When you go to San Francisco be sure to wear......

A bathrobe over your clothes well holding a paper cup just occasionally shouting. "Neep, neep, Nerp!" So that way when you go out of your overpriced "smoke free" hotel you just might be able to enjoy a cigarette without being panhandled every thirty seconds.
Perhaps I should start at the beginning? My Attorney aka. my soon to be wife and the great love of my life had a conference in the city by the bay. So, we're thinking a little lawyer school for her with a little mini-vacation for both of us with the big plus being having most of our expenses covered by her firm. These things always sound better then they really are. I thought I'd get a chance to spend some quality time with the San Francisco messengers and more importantly I'd hoped my Attorney would too, a chance to bond with the family she's marrying into. The thing most people don't know about messengers is there is a bond between us (well, most of us.) something that to try to put into words would only cheapen it and to be honest the only people I could expect to understand are other messengers, Marines and veterans. It's not as intense with us as the Marines and veterans but it's dam close. Oh well, shit happens and we didn't get to spend as much quality time as I'd hoped but what time we did get I'll treasure. Thank you.

5 comments:

Pete said...

Hey Kirk...dumb question I know but is that Alcatraz out yonder in the pic?

Pete

Anonymous said...

are you fucking stupid? comparing your pussy ass to a Marine?

Kirk said...

anonymous are you fucking illiterate? I said "dam close". It's s reasonable comparison, you deal with physical and mental stresses that aren't that unlike the stresses one encounters in combat. I came to that understanding based on the many conversations I've had with people who have served their country. Like I said not quite as intense but in the same neighborhood. Normally I don't take the time to reply to people who post as anonymous figuring the opinions of someone unwilling to put their to it aren't worth responding to. I made an exception here on the off chance you might have some connection to The Marine Corp and may actually merit the respect of a reply. Everyday I risk getting killed or maimed just trying to do my job and when I'm with people who do the same job they treat me as a brother not like some guy in the same line of work. Who do's that sound like?

Anonymous said...

I'd watch who you are calling illiterate. I believe that the correct spelling of "dam close" should include an "n" to make it "damn close."

As far as not taking the time to respond to a post from an anonymous poster, what difference does a screen name make? I could be anything I want to here. I might be a 13 year old girl or an 86 year old grandmother. I might even be a Marine!

Kirk said...

I'm guessing your none of those. I'm guessing your a white male in your thirties and you're not a happy person maybe it's your job, maybe it's personal life I'm also guessing you get pushed around a bit. Who knows and who really gives a fuck?